Recruit, Retain, and Grow High-Quality Educators
Bald Knob Public Schools is dedicated to the discovery and selection of the best available employees for each and every position serving the students of Bald Knob.
The role of the human resource department is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees.
In a positive working atmosphere that fosters equity and equal opportunity, Bald Knob Public Schools provides quality service to employees and applicants.
Bald Knob Public Schools serves the students of Bald Knob by:
- Implementing an aggressive recruitment and selection program that seeks the highest quality staff that accurately reflects the diverse needs of the student population.
- Ensuring that each applicant receives fair consideration for employment and promotion and accurate information regarding the selection process.
- Providing counseling to employees and applicants in all aspects of human resources: policies, practices, and programs.
- Providing continuous professional growth opportunities for all employees.
- Providing training to employees on a variety of human resources issues, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family/Medical Leave Act, Sexual Harassment Policies, state certification requirements, as well as state and local statutes affecting employees.
It is the mission of the human resources department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that contribute to the attainment of corporate and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the company.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by: maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training, and developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development in areas of: effective leadership and career development of employees, employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by: pre-planning staffing needs, ensuring an effective internal interview process, increasing company visibility in the employment marketplace, identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources, and conducting thorough reference checks.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.
Important Links (Teacher Licensure, Mentoring, Personnel Policies, Salary Schedule)
Important Policies & Forms (Finance Procedures, Reimbursement, PD Forms, PO Request, Extended Leave, Evaluations)
Points of Contact
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bald Knob School District does not discriminate in its policies and programs on the basis of sex, marital status, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, age, handicapping condition or genetic information. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX or Title VI, may be referred to Melissa Gipson, Equity Coordinator; 103 West Park Street, 501-724-3273.